Emergency Grants provide support for graduate women who face an unforeseen financial crisis whilst engaged in study or research at an approved institution of higher education in Great Britain. They can be up to £2,500 and are awarded in April and December.
Applications will be considered from women of any age or nationality and any subject or field of study.
- For unforeseen financial crisis
- Grants available up to £2,500
- Awarded twice per year, in April and December
You must be registered for study and resident in Great Britain during your study period.
- Women Graduates from Great Britain and overseas are eligible to apply.
- There is no upper age limit.
- Evidence of ability to pay fees is required.
- An Emergency grant is not a ‘top up’ award; most students are short of money.
- These are one-off payments to assist with completion of an academic year’s work.
- You must have completed at least six months of the course, by the grant closing date, before applying.
Key dates: Emergency Grants Spring 2022
Open for applications from:
30 November 2023
Closing date for applications:
10 January 2024
Applications currently closed.
“Without the grant I would basically be homeless by now. The grant has been essential for supplementing our cost of living and covering larger costs, such as buying heating oil. However, the greater impact feels as though it has given me a sense of stability and knowledge that I can support my family despite our unstable environment. When you are supported in this way, you are able to breathe a sigh of relief and believe that attaining your dreams, those you’ve worked so hard for, are a possibility.”Qudra Goodall
University of East Anglia 2023
Grants, Bursaries & Fellowships
We provide grants, bursaries and fellowships to women graduates to help with living expenses, financial crisis and other areas of their education....